Today I’d like to teach you about the three most important start up marketing tools you need to get and keep new clients.
- In person: It’s essential you meet with clients in person whenever possible. This shows you respect them and take the time to work with your clients to give personal attention to each of them.
- Follow up letter: Always take a moment to send a follow up letter about what you talked about, deliverables, and expectations.
- Phone call: Use a telephone call to follow up with them to talk again about the matters you discussed in your meeting. Offer any assistance you can to help their business run smoothly and more successfully.
None of these will work if you don’t have a quality service to back you up!
Here are the key steps for putting together your start-up marketing tools:
- Research potential clients, buyers, competitors and their preferred methods of distribution.
- Talk to potential clients. Take a hard look at your services from a client’s perspective and see what it needs to be successful.
- Follow up with your 3-step process from above.
- Develop systems for contact follow through, quality control standards and client service.
- Develop post-sale follow up system to keep lines of communication open is clients and build on your current relationship which increases future purchases.
“Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs.” – Peter Drucker, management consultant.
Here’s another one I love from an business icon:
“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.” – Henry Ford, founder, Ford Motor Company.
This lesson has offered you the tools to put together a start-up marketing plan that can be used over and over again to help your client base and business grow in a manageable way.